Anyone in a supervisory or managerial role in the construction industry needs to know and understand the UK’s health and safety regulations. Target Zero Training’s SMSTS (Site Management Safety Training Scheme) course will ensure you have a thorough understanding of the health and safety regulations and what it is required.
On some construction sites, companies won’t allow you on site if you don’t hold a SMSTS certificate. An SMSTS course provides you with the right tools to plan, organise and monitor output in a safe and compliant way.
What’s Involved In An SMSTS Course?
For construction professionals in a supervisory or senior role, such as site managers, project managers/directors and quantity surveyors, knows that everyone’s safety on site is paramount. s.
Our SMSTS course will teach you all you need to know about health and the safety code of practice within the workplace. The course covers:
- The Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- Reporting of Injuries, Diseases & Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013
- Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015
- Working at Height Regulations 2005
- Provision & Use of Work Equipment 1998
- Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) order 2005
- Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012
- Confined spaces
- 4 Core Exercises (Plan, Do, Check & act (HSG65) Site Briefings and Site Setup).
As well as learning about the various legislation that applies to construction and engineering sites, you will understand the importance of regular risk assessments occurring in the workplace. You will also learn how to identify, monitor and control hazards often associated with the building sector. By the end of the course, you will be able to apply health, safety, welfare an environmental policies and procedures on site.
There Are Five Key Benefits To Achieving SMSTS Certification:
- Keeping your colleagues and contractors safe on site, implementing the necessary policies.
- Keeping yourself safe by understanding the required health and safety regulations and applying safe methods of working.
- Keeping the public safe in areas around the site, such as pathways, pavement, roads, entrances and exits. For example, ensuring nothing falls off scaffolding where passers-by are travelling.
- Working efficiently and effectively, that makes sure all procedures on site work smoothly but safely.
- Improves your career prospects.
Health and safety regulations within the construction industry change regularly. Therefore, it’s important to keep up to date with any new amendments and additions. before your certificate expires, you will need to attend Target Zero Training’s SMSTS Refresher course.
Attaining a certification in health and safety requirements ensures health and safety standards are maintained for everyone on site. It also gives those in supervisory roles the knowledge and tools to make sure that those standards are applied effectively, thereby reducing construction and engineering site related accidents and injuries. For more information on our SMSTS course and book your place, contact us today.